Please note that this wiki page is heavily outdated. Some information may be out of date, or entirely not work.
## What is Plesk?
Plesk is a powerful, yet user-friendly hosting/domain manager. Plesk has a simple-to-use interface that makes editing your hosting details extremely easy.
Through Plesk (included with all HelioHost hosting accounts), you can
- Create and manage e-mail addresses for your domain.
- Check e-mail using RoundCube -or- alter MX records for use with another e-mail service (such as Google Apps - doing this will cause the Plesk built-in webmail clients to stop working)
- Set-up e-mail clients for use with your e-mail addresses (through POP3/SMTP)
- Update your HelioHost account information/password
- Create and manage FTP accounts
- Use the built-in Plesk file manager
- Set-up FTP access using external FTP clients.
- View error logs for you site
- Password protect directories on your site
- Manage subdomains, add-on domains, and parked domains
- Manage zone records (A, CNAME, TXT) for your domain(s)
- Edit SQL tables using phpMyAdmin/phpPgAdmin
- Install software using Softaculous (see Softaculous)
- Manage Perl modules
Plesk can be accessed by logging into the HelioHost website, and then pressing the Plesk button.