From HelioHost Wiki
(Redirected from Cpanel)
What is cPanel?
cPanel is a powerful, yet user-friendly hosting/domain manager. cPanel has a simple-to-use interface that makes editing your hosting details extremely easy.
What can cPanel do?
Through your cPanel (included with all HelioHost hosting accounts), you can
- Create and manage e-mail addresses for your domain.
- Check e-mail using either Horde, RoundCube, or SquirrelMail -or- alter MX records for use with another e-mail service (such as Google Apps - doing this will cause the cPanel built-in webmail clients to stop working)
- Set-up e-mail clients for use with your e-mail addresses (through POP3/SMTP)
- Update your HelioHost account information/password
- Create and manage FTP accounts
- Use the built-in cPanel file manager
- Set-up FTP access using external FTP clients.
- View error logs for you site
- Password protect directories on your site
- Manage subdomains, add-on domains, and parked domains
- Manage zone records (A, CNAME, TXT) for your domain(s)
- Create MySQL/PostgreSQL databases/users (see MySQL Databases)
- Edit SQL tables using phpMyAdmin/phpPgAdmin
- Install software using Softaculous (see Softaculous)
- Manage Perl modules