Moving your account
Whether you are on Johnny and want to move to Ricky or Tommy or vice versa, follow these directions to switch servers.
Johnny offers services that Ricky does not (ASP.NET, Java/JSP, and Ruby on Rails), but that also makes it much less stable. If you require those services, use Johnny. If not, it is highly recommended that you use Tommy which is faster and more stable. If you need Ruby on Rails then Johnny is currently the only choice.
To request a move to another server, follow the following instructions:
- Make a backup of all your files, databases, etc. ready for restoring (as your current account will be deleted).
- Request an account deletion.
- Wait for for your account to be deleted (usually a few hours).
- Signup to HelioHost again. Make sure you choose the server you require.
- Wait for your new account to become active (Johnny can take up to 24 hours, Ricky and Tommy activate within minutes).
- Restore your backups.
ASP.NET and Ruby on Rails come standard with an account on Johnny. However, to be able to use Java/JSP, you will need to request Java through cPanel.
ASP.NET and Java both require a request on Tommy. You can request Java through cPanel. Please post on our forums to request ASP.NET. Ruby on Rails is not available on Tommy.